Fly Tying
flytyer47

Portable flytying bench

I work as a Paramedic in a slow system and I was wondering if there was any portable flytying tables and best way to transport everything I need?

Here's one I made and used for years. Got the case at Harbor Freight.

post-9824-1295913742_thumb.jpgpost-9824-1295913642_thumb.jpg

i like that set up ! nice modification of the case. necessity is mother of invention (is that right). everyone has there ideal set up. nice job on yours!

AMAZING!! I just found out we have 1 harbor freight here in vegas that just opened! I missed that place!

Here's one I made and used for years. Got the case at Harbor Freight.

post-9824-1295913742_thumb.jpgpost-9824-1295913642_thumb.jpg

functional, easy, cheap...winner :headbang:

I have used a soft laptop bag for the same thing.

I have been in the market for something simular myself. For now, I have been using an overnight/laptop bag. In it I have 8-10 of the 1 gallon ziplocks. Each ziplock has simular items (ie. all dubbing in one, all hackle feathers in another, all common used feathers like pheasant, peacock & etc in another. They are large so I can spread them out and see what's in them. I have smaller sandwich bags for thread, markers, and wire. And a small lidded ziplock container for tools. I have a all night medical job that I can tie in between patients. When I get paged I can just pack it up, do work, and come back to it later. But I would like to have a better organized-professional looking system without paying 100+ bucks.

Something to consider also keep your hair, small tools, dubbing, hooks, etc all packed and organized nicely is the soft tackle packs for bass fishing - http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tackle_Logi...cpage-TLWW.html

I've been using this lately putting this in my laptop bag along with being able to put my Peak Vice into it. The only thing I need to do is slip in my base into a pocket of my laptop bag and I'm good to go!

This is the ultimate way to go to keep things small and organized. I'm usually only tying one or two types of flies and will size hackles at home before slipping them into one of the many pouches.

Todd

I use this organizer and it works great: http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CA...+Tool+Organizer

I purchased it at Lowe's for around $24 or so. You can remove dividers, so I am able to store long packs of hackle, tools, etc. It's relatively light too, so I think it would be portable. I've only been tying for a year, so it holds all of the materials I have and I use it at home.

I travel with this. Tool Box

The removable boxes on the lid are great for thread and small tools. The tool tray is good for tools small materials (dubbing boxes, hook boxes, bead jars, etc.). The box itself holds larger materials and your vise.

-D