Fly Tying
reitmier

dark grey dun

thanks guys for the comments , firedad the wing material is called "super wing" tiewell

make it ,i used wing burners to get the shape then permanent markers to suit

cheers paul

Great tie. I've been curious about out wing burners, don't see them at the stores and the Reno Fly Shop has closed. Still I'm only a few months into this hobby so I'm probably not ready for this anyway. Without a fly shop within less than 2 1/2 - 3 hours away it's hard to find good advice. Cabela's, Scheels and Sportsman's Warehouse have lots of stuff but not as much knowledge. Good thing we have this forum.

you can make your own wing burners ,their just like big tweezers,they do work well on natural feathers but you havto be

abit more careful on the synthetic materials as the edges of the wings can get a thick edge on them,doesnt look too

good to me in my opinion ,just take your time with it,burn the synthetic wing abit at a time and it should come out right ,or just get some wing cutters ,they come in all different sizes

cheers paul