Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
antonio999us

Do your our Super Spoonfly - Pulpito jig Series #3

Hello American Anglers

Greetings from the South. First at all, thank you very much for accept me in your forum. I want to learn from you and at the same time, have the opportunity to share my fishing experience with you.

I want to show you a spoonfly that I am using when I go fishing with excellent results. I called it Corvina Catcher.

The Corvina is a great saltwater fish. It is like sea bass or sea trout. When you catch it, the Corvina always run up to 3 or 4 times giving you a great fight and good fishing feeling.

Given that this spoonfly weights around 2oz, you can have long casts up to 100 to 130 yards with a 9' surfrod-action M. With this distance, you can be able to reach waves backside where the fishes are waiting to hunt after the wave creates all turbulences.

I am attaching my video "Pulpito Jig Series #3 - Corvina Catcher" from Youtube. I hope you all like it, and if you have any question or recommendation they will be welcome. Finally, I just want to apologize with you for the Tying Vise that I am using...hahahaha...

Kind regards, Jose Antonio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omWDwif1I34

Welcome to the forum, Jose Antonio. Great video, the spoon looks like it would work well on many species in the salt here in Florida. It would be especially effective on the mackerel and bluefish, but would catch almost anything. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Cheers,

Andy

Sorry dude, but a 2 0z.lure don't even begin to qualify as a "fly"!

I agree with you but you may actually be able to cast one of those on a 15 wt or something like that.

Nice looking spoon Jose! I tie up hooks for spoons & jigs as well. I also pour some of my own lead spoons, and something we call trout bombs. They're basically an inline sinker that has been flattened in a vise, painted & have a dressed hook added, like the ones you're tying.

bowfin47, I don't think he meant it as a "fly" in the same sense as what we use with a fly rod. He did say he was casting it with a surf rod. The term "fly" is not used exclusively within the "Fly Fishing" sport. Folks who mention the Float N Fly technique are generally talking about a very light jig, usually used with a long spinning rod, but they call it a fly too.

Nice looking spoon Jose! I tie up hooks for spoons & jigs as well. I also pour some of my own lead spoons, and something we call trout bombs. They're basically an inline sinker that has been flattened in a vise, painted & have a dressed hook added, like the ones you're tying.

bowfin47, I don't think he meant it as a "fly" in the same sense as what we use with a fly rod. He did say he was casting it with a surf rod. The term "fly" is not used exclusively within the "Fly Fishing" sport. Folks who mention the Float N Fly technique are generally talking about a very light jig, usually used with a long spinning rod, but they call it a fly too.

Hello and thank you for your comments. Definitively I cannot consider my spoonfly as a pure fly, neither, consider to use a 15wt instead a surf rod. it will break down in the first cast. What I can confirm, is that my "corvina catcher" works very well... please look at my picture, it happened last Sunday. Kind regards, Jose Antonio

321004_10150373123976788_648356787_10675676_4174889_n.jpg