Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

Site Sponsor Forum Suggestion

I suggest for consideration by the owners/mods a forum on this board for sponsors ONLY, for them to post news, ads, website links, etc. Only sponsors could have posting access to it. Perhaps it could prevent some of US who have periodic diarrhea of the mouth (keyboard...) from causing certain issues. It might work.

This has been discussed... not sure if it is the best idea

it doesn't matter where you put the posts

It has to do with the actions of the members of the forum

It is super easy to just click "reply" and type something. A few extra steps, a few extra seconds to click to a different forum and create a new post would make a big difference to most people, it's just human nature. My $0.04.

I think that's a great idea JS. It would be nothing but a benefit to the members of the forum and to the sponsors and add a unique feature to an already great forum.

The sponsor would have a place where they could post information about their company and it wouldn't get buried and hidden in other forums. The membership would have a place where it could easily find a company to purchase from that supports the site. It could even turn out to be a great selling point to assist in obtaining sponsorship. If not a forum, a sponser index would be the next best thing.

The sponsor forum,could even be set up where the sponsor had a pinned post introducing themself and their company and products.

Kirk

We should all try to click on sponsor banners. Although I'm still not sure how Internet ads and revenue really work. The less than reputable sites that I visit ;) all say to click on banners to keep their "content" free. My wife took my iPad for over an hour the other night when I showed her a banner ad for a lamp retailer I saw here. The prices of those reproduction Tiffany lamps she was looking at I'm sure would be better spent on fishing gear( especially since I'm the boss) :rolleyes:

It is super easy to just click "reply" and type something. A few extra steps, a few extra seconds to click to a different forum and create a new post would make a big difference to most people, it's just human nature. My $0.04.

Well I tend to agree with you Joel. If an I-D-I-O-T wants to reply to a sponsor's post, but has to go to another forum and start a topic of his / her own before they can bad mouth said sponsor, maybe their brain will engage before they begin typing something WE will regret...maybe?!?!?!??!?

hiding sponsors messages in a locked forum is not the answer

the answer is for people to think before they post

do you really lack all self control?

the fact that this thread was started makes me think that some people still don't "get it"

hiding sponsors messages in a locked forum is not the answer

the answer is for people to think before they post

the fact that this thread was started makes me think that some people still don't "get it"

J. Stockard Forum and Hatches Magazine Articles Forums aren't hidden, I see them all the time. Stockard has 1800+ views, it must not be that hidden. Of course I could be seeing things my eyes ain't what they used to be.

As for locking it, so, don't lock it; I think people learned a hard lesson here, they get it, and would not post negative statements about sponsors in any forum on this board in the future.

This post is about giving the sponsors an effecient and easily referenced place for members to read sponsor announcements.

How would a forum titled "Sponsor Index and Notifications" or something to that effect, be hiding them? Wouldn't such a forum be staring you square in the face every time you scroll down?? I would say that is advertising them and keeping them at the front/top of the line, completly opposite of hiding. Sponsor posts in fishing and tying forums is where they get hidden by updated posts made related to the forum subject subsequently bumping the sponsor post further and deeper in to the forum.

Kirk

Fellas I don't know what the answer is. For once I was not the cause of the rukus on here. But I hope this does not have an a$$hole effect as a result. What I mean is: something that will cause inconvienence on those that follow the rules because of some a$$hole.It has recently been brought to my attention just how much a$$holes cost us. We pay more at the grocery store because theft by shop lifters is factored in.We pay more for car insurance to protect from uninsured motorists....and the list goes on and on. Now we're losing sponsors because of a$$holes?

In a perfect world those causing the problems would have to pay for their actions. We don't live in a perfect world. I hope what ever comes of this will not lasting effects.

Fred

My wife took my iPad for over an hour the other night when I showed her a banner ad for a lamp retailer I saw here. The prices of those reproduction Tiffany lamps she was looking at I'm sure would be better spent on fishing gear( especially since I'm the boss) :rolleyes:

You keep believing that if it is what gets you through the day ..LOL :rolleyes:

I just wanted to add that my comments were not directed at anyone in particular . It was a comentary on the times in which we live.I never read the thread with the sponsor trouble.

Fred

:lol: So "I" lack self control? I believe I stated that if an I-D-I-O-T wanted to bad mouth a sponsor, they would have to take multiple steps to do so, thereby giving their brains a chance to engage first. Perhaps the "I" in idiot caused you to think I was describing myself. As far as not getting it, I would say that anyone that tries to come up with a solution to a problem, whether anyone else agrees with their solution, "gets it"

Murray