Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iFly

Late Summer/Early Fall SC style

L41.jpg

L42.jpg

L43.jpg

(^^all different fish. dont have to leave the spot to catch em B) )

Catch1.jpg

FF1.jpg

Flounder1.jpg

RedA1.jpg

RedA2.jpg

RedH2O1.jpg

RedH2O2.jpg

Trout1.jpg

(the trout completed an inshore slam)

Tight work iFly, those are some good reds, and I am sure you will agree, nothing tops catching those fish in the grass on fly. How's your winter time redfishing up there?

Thanks guys, and the flounder have been around in strong numbers lately.....

There is NOTHING that tops a red in the grass. It really gets your heart beating when a tail pops up and you set the fly on their nose..... The winter fishing here, IMO is a whole lot better for several reasons. One, the water gets really clear (as you can see in some of the pics) which allows to you see if the fish are in the area, especially at low tide. Second, they school up. If you know what youre doing, you can trap a school in a shallow creek and pick away at them after they calm down. Im lucky enough to live within 2 miles of a sound that holds large numbers of respectable reds and can walk from my house to the flats in the pics. Although the redfish are fun to catch, my bucket list consits of a trip to the Keys or Bahama's for bones, permit, and tarpon OTF.