Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bluegill576

Any body ever used this vise?

http://www.bearsden.com/page900.html I was wondering if anybody had used this vise or at least a 720 angled rotary vise. I saw one go up fr sale on another forum for a pretty good price. Just wanted to know if anybody has used it efoee because i have never seen it before. Thanks

i saw it last saturday when i was at bears den but wasnt that impressed

i think the guy was a member on here and wore out hi welcome and hasnt returned since

If only 720kevin were here! :)

Interesting idea, not sure how well it works though. I can just turn my pedestal to look at the fly, but it may work for tying parachutes.

There as decent as any other vice in that price range. The accessories come off and on easy so you can tie plain Jane or with all the bells and whistles attached if you like. The rotary base is real smooth, heavy and solid.

It's an interesting idea, but parachutes aren't really that hard to wrap. I have to admit that I use rotary a lot more than I ever thought I would when I owned a non-rotary vice, but I just can't imagine ever getting used to this one.

i want to set the record straight, Kevin was prostaff for the 720 vice. He is no longer. The owner of the vice company is Vincet Stu, he is a super nice guy. The vice is different, but watching Vincet work this vice is amazing. The vice has it place.Check out the website, he has some videos of the vice in action

http://fly-wheel.net/

Thanks

carlp