Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CrookedHook

Weird flie, Wild results

So a couple months ago I am tying this flie with some wild color marabou my friend gave me, black biots, and regular yarn of the same color as the marabou. (just messing around with different stuff, one of those nights) Anyway, I tye this flie and chunk it to the side with the intentions to throw it away. Two weeks ago I go to my favorite fishing spot back home 5 hours away. It is raining bad, cold in the high 30's lower 40's, but I drove that far; therefore, I am fishing. I open my flie box to grab a BWO and I notice this ugly thing I tied. I do not know how it got there but it did. Anyway I throw everything I had in the box other than this wooly bugger thing I tied. After several hours of non stop rain and cold I thought, what the hell, I will try it. It was my last ditch effort to make the trip worth it. I had absolutly no faith in this thing, but it worked. I mean it worked great. The rainbows hit this thing as if I laced it with crack or something. I was in shock. I would have taken pics to prove, but the rain continued and I didn't want to mess up my camera. However, here is the pic of this "Thing" and that is what I named it. It was a bad weather fish killer.

post-36234-0-56808000-1325812928_thumb.jpg

Why wouldn't it work? It's a perfect imitation of a chartreuse hellgramite!

Rocco

I have never seen anything like this in my area, but the trout sure love it.