Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tee Nootsie Brasseau

South Louisiana

I am Tee Nootsie Brasseau

I am in South Louisiana in Pierre Part at Belle Rivere and Bayou Pigeon Sorrel area. I love to tie and did while I was a tee bebe. Time did not allow me to continue. Bebies came and I worked to take care. Now I have time to tie. I fish for Bream, Bass, Speckes and Reds, I have many honey holes and areas and love the swamp. A little back I got out my vises and materials but I find that things have changed. Much new materials and things that have come to pass call me to order new stuff. I want to try the new foam bugs and flies. I just ordered some Balsa Foam. I got to try it. I tie many popping bugs that I have found to work for me. I make a version of the old round dinny that is great...I take no credit for the original Round Dinny or the name...this is just my version of a round poping bug. I make some bream killers that sink a little and they are just that...killers. Thanks for having me here. All advice, suggestions and materials speak is welcome with me. If I can share any with you please inform me. Tee Nootsie post-37584-0-49772700-1325859493_thumb.jpg

Welcome Tee, I'm down southeast of you in Kenner. Look forward to seeing some of your creations here on Fly Tying Forum. Don't know if you know about them but up in Baton Rouge, there is a really good fly club that is active, The Red Stick Fly Fishers. Here is a link to a site with a forum created by the founder of Red Stick; you might find some neighbors on there.

http://www.laflyfish.com/cgi-bin/bforum/index.php

Kirk

welcome Tee . There are alot of good bass ,bream and redfish patterns in the database here. And ask questions on the forum , there are alot of knowledge people here. Also check out Kirk's you tube videos . He has some great flies that work well in your area.

Fred

Lake Charles , La

Welcome Tee, I'm down southeast of you in Kenner. Look forward to seeing some of your creations here on Fly Tying Forum. Don't know if you know about them but up in Baton Rouge, there is a really good fly club that is active, The Red Stick Fly Fishers. Here is a link to a site with a forum created by the founder of Red Stick; you might find some neighbors on there.

http://www.laflyfish.com/cgi-bin/bforum/index.php

Kirk

Thanks for the welcome Kirk. I know from whence you come. I am familiar with Kenner and Met Try and the West Bank. Fish all over the area and love it all. Thanks for the link..I did not know there was an active club here. I know that I meet with a bunch of tossers at the Bass Pro Shop and some tying talk goes on there...and some classes. Hope to meet some of the folks here and pick some brains too. Again....thanks for the warm welcome.

welcome Tee . There are alot of good bass ,bream and redfish patterns in the database here. And ask questions on the forum , there are alot of knowledge people here. Also check out Kirk's you tube videos . He has some great flies that work well in your area.

Fred

Lake Charles , La

Thanks for the welcome Fred. I am pleased that there are lots of bass and redfish patterns here. Hope to learn to tie and make 9 or 8 real quick. As you know now is the time to hang them reds. I intend to ask questions as I am out of date on materials and such...love to tie but have just found the time to get it done. I will appreciate the videos that Kirk made. Nothing like a movie to steer you in the right direction. I am real familiar with Lake Charles... I am a retired electrical engineer and I worked 40 years for Entergy formerly Gulf States Utilities and spent a lot of my time in the Lake Charles offices............Thanks again for the welocme.

Welcome aboard. I too have to say that's a nice mess of cats you have. Makes me want to break out the fryer. Some corn meal, lemon pepper and garlic salt, and a little cayenne.... Mmmmmmmmmm.

Stick around, I'm sure you'll pick it back up pretty quick.

Deeky

Tee, the link is to the forum. Make sure you go to the Home page. Glen "Catch" Cormier puts weekly fishing information on there, plus he has links on the right that may be of interest to you. When you want to go to the forums from the Home page, click on "New Forums".

Kirk

Welcome! That picture is torture...I miss catfish (eating them) and lot's of those good Southern delicacies ...

Hello Tee, welcome to the forum.

That's one fine mess of cats mon ami!!!

Henry F.

Thanks Henry.......I like to fish de barbou too also. I run trot line and nets and traps. I do a little commercial catfish, crab and crawfish....makes a lil money to buy stuff to tie and make groceries.

Welcome! That picture is torture...I miss catfish (eating them) and lot's of those good Southern delicacies ...

I hear your speak Mr. Murrey........I love to eat the catfish too. I smoke some and fry some and my marie bakes in the oven catfish. Its good no matter of the way you fix it. I sell some too and let other people enjoy some.

Welcome aboard. I too have to say that's a nice mess of cats you have. Makes me want to break out the fryer. Some corn meal, lemon pepper and garlic salt, and a little cayenne.... Mmmmmmmmmm.

Stick around, I'm sure you'll pick it back up pretty quick.

Deeky

Thanks deeky. I do love to fish. I am getting set up to punch out a lot of foam bugs right now. I am going to try out some of the new materials. Hope to get it right. T

Welcome Tee, I grew up just north of Shrevesport. Sure miss that Boudin from down there. Made some just the other day with all original stuff, ya know what I mean. rice, liver pork etc. Hope you enjoy the forum. It is a great place to find new ideas and many here are fast to help a person on questions. And send me some of thoses cats. Cheers

Welcome Tee, I grew up just north of Shrevesport. Sure miss that Boudin from down there. Made some just the other day with all original stuff, ya know what I mean. rice, liver pork etc. Hope you enjoy the forum. It is a great place to find new ideas and many here are fast to help a person on questions. And send me some of thoses cats. Cheers

Thanks crookedhook....I make that Boudin too. I make Crawfish boudin and white boudin...I am a fan. Make them boudin balls too.....Its one of the good things you can use a fresh pork liver for..............hope to see you post here...thanks for the welcome...............................T