Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishyboY

Project Healing Waters Fly Tying Marathon 2012

3rd Annual Project Healing Waters Fly Tying Marathon

When: Saturday, March 17th, 2012

Where: Casey Community Center 810 South Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD

Why: To tie as many flies as you can in 5 hours to donate to Project Healing Waters.

How Long: 10am-4pm

Cost:FREE!!!!!

One again we will be holding the PHW fly tying marathon in the DC area. This Event has been extremely popular in years past with attendance doubling. The Event will be to support Wounded Veterans in the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program. All the flies you tie are donated to Project Healing Waters for use in their programs. Lunch and snacks will be provided to all who attend. If you plan to attend or have any questions PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

sounds like a cool event I wish they had something like that closer to home.

I plan to be there but two months is a long time and remember the old adage "Make plans to hear God laugh."

Just met another PHW activist on Sunday who collects donated fly tying gear and teaches tying classes to the injured vets. Great organization and people involved.

Rocco

I plan to be there but two months is a long time and remember the old adage "Make plans to hear God laugh."

Just met another PHW activist on Sunday who collects donated fly tying gear and teaches tying classes to the injured vets. Great organization and people involved.

Rocco

that would be great to have you and your friend attend, just shoot me an email and have him do one aswell, so we can purchase enough food for lunch.

Are they taking donations also, or is it a be there or be square event?

Since it's half way across the country, I won't be attending, but would be willing to donate some flies if that's possible. Let the forum know a little more about it and it may be a bit more of a success than without. If there is a website or something please attach link.

Thanks

Blane