Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peddler

Scissor tweaks

I use 'Ice' and Dr. Slick fine point scissors for some cutting. They ain't fine enough so I was wondering, would taking a file to the outside edges of the tips ruin the scissors? I would avoid the cutting edges and only take some of the edge off of the outside area of the tips.

What do you think? Has anyone tried this?

I think you'd be safer if you just went out and got some surgical scissors. I've found some in a local flea market, the ones that opthamologists use for eye surgery are the best.

QUOTE (TroutBum @ Dec 12 2004, 12:07 PM)
I think you'd be safer if you just went out and got some surgical scissors.  I've found some in a local flea market, the ones that opthamologists use for eye surgery are the best.

I like THAT idea! Thanks!!!

I'll have to add that to the dubbing picks (little barbed reamers) and thread threaders I got from my Dentist.

Or you can always get them the Murphy way:

I got mine by flaying my thumb with a table saw...after the surgery most doctors throw away their tools...hell no if you ask the nurse she'll give them to you.

As an added bonus losing a lot of the flesh from your thumb makes double hauling easier.