Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Dahlberg Diver

Here is a Dahlberg Diver I posted in the saltwater section yesterday.. Thought you folks would like to see it. It is tied on a Gamakatsu SC16 Circle hook. Not sure how the circle hook will work but I had it laying around, so what the hell! :blink:

IMG_94961.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

When you guys post deer hair heads like this it makes me realize how much I suck. Very nice fly tying.

When you guys post deer hair heads like this it makes me realize how much I suck. Very nice fly tying.

There is a serious learning curve my friend. Cant get better without practice, and by practice I mean making a fly and cutting it up after you are done. I taught myself fly tying (like many others) and learned early how to spin deer hair. Good quality spinning hair makes a huge difference. Anything I can help ya with feel free to shoot me a pm. Im no pro, but I am always willing to help. :lol:

looks like a good mullet imitation

I have to agree withsandflyx, put some darker colors to that baby and you'd have a first rate baby mullet fly

Thanks guys!

Ill have to try out the "baby mullet". You said darker colors.. what are you thinking olive and tan? black? lots of options! I can even try striping it or making spots.

Thanks guys!

Ill have to try out the "baby mullet". You said darker colors.. what are you thinking olive and tan? black? lots of options! I can even try striping it or making spots.

From a black head and back graduating down to a white or cream belly. I've seen mullet "plugs" in all kinds of colors, I think the fat head and tapering body probably draws more strikes than the actual color. I just have a personal preference for colors that match the natural bait. With your skill in stacking you could even add a gill plate in red to really "match the hatch" :lol: