Fly Tying

2003 Fly Tyer Of The Year Contest

BDH, and Smallie, both of yall better watch out for the "young `en" over here! Remember, I`m a bass tier! Gonna win 3 competitions, the crappie, gill, and bass. Just to let yall know. LOL. Oh, and BDH, you can`t send my flies that I sent to you! LOL! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Smallie,

I guess i'll give it a try - in bass, panfish & saltwater. May only get two of them done, since I'm getting ready for foot surgery in mid December. hope to get all 9 flies done.

Mark Delaney

I'll join, but like Trav and OSD, I hope that past commercial tying doesn't disqualify me. blink.gif

I'll do saltwater and maybe bass.

Actually, I still do some tying for one shop. Does this disqualify me? If so, I'll still send some flies for the display cases.

Let's let everyone in who wants to be no matter what type of tying you've done. This is all in the name of fun so let's not exclude anyone who wants to enter headbang.gif

QUOTE (chemprof2001 @ Nov 10 2003, 08:15 PM)
Smallie,

I guess i'll give it a try - in bass, panfish & saltwater. May only get two of them done, since I'm getting ready for foot surgery in mid December. hope to get all 9 flies done.

Mark Delaney

Dude, if you're good enough to tie with your feet, I'm out! biggrin.gif

Nope, not good enough to tie with feet, in fact, i'm down to just a right foot, the left one is prosthetic--the toes don't work worth a darn...

Does that keep you from wading? I used to be a big fan of pro wrestling, and most folks don't know it, but Kerry Von Erich wrestled the last several years of his career with only one foot and a prosthetic.

I haven't been wading for about a year. the last six months because the right foot has to be in this huge clunky boot. the December surgery should fix that and i should be able to wade again by next summer. I can put my sparer prosthesis in my waders, and leave it there during fishing season, then don't have to struggle with getting the prosthesis in and out of the waders. Getting impatient though, these probelms have kept me shore-bound for nearly 2 years now.

Mark

Very little talent here, but I'm definitely interested. One of the few folks, I think, from the Southern California area. I really enjoy the dialog.

Have a great one, Pat

you know whats funny? When I read your name I though of pete carrol, usc head coach. And then I read further and you are from socal