Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Polarbear78

Waders

I'm looking to understand the pros and cons of the different types of waders... that is the kind where you need to wear separate wading boots and the "one piece" waders for a lack of better words. For the last couple years I have always just used either a cheap pair of hip boots or my 1000 gram duck hunting waders (I love them for the hunting, but they are way to hot in the summer).

Thanks

Stocking foot are the ones where a separate boot is needed. Bootfoot are the ones with the boot attached. Now a days the best type of wader are stocking foot breathables. They are thinner and easy to move in and with separate boots you have the options of changing soles if you get some Korker boots to felt, or rubber studded, or walking soles. They also work in cold weather if you layer proper with some fleece wader pants and fleece shirt underneath them in the winter.

Only time thick bootfoot neoprene waders are needed is if you are fishing dead of winter in extremely cold water all day long. Even then proper layering under breathable boot foots can still work.

Hope that helps some.

Steve

Thanks! I might look for some stocking foot ones when my current ones go...should be in a year or so...got a nice hole I had to patch this past duck season... not fun while in the U.P. in November...