Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Obi

Greetings form Germany

Hi everybody!

I am new to this forum and just wanted shortly intorduce myself. My name ich Michael, I am 42 years old and I am located in Germany. In the Berlin-area, to be precisely :rolleyes: My freinds call me "Obi" since I was a kid. Thought I could keep that nick :D

I picked up fly fishing about two years ago, because of I promise I gave to my best friend and now fishing-buddy. He was a carp-fisher for several years and always wanted to introduce me to the sport. I was never interested in that kind of fishing and always replied that the only thing I might take interes in would be fly fishing. And my friend said: "Oh well.... " ;) and sold all his carp fishing-equipment. Next thing we did was go shopping for fly fishing tackle...... A promise is a promise :lol:

Any way - I really love the sport and started tying my own flies approximately 6 months ago. Some people say I made pretty good progress since then. Others can not follow my interest in fly tying..... that's life I guess.

So here I am, and I am afraid I have a bazillion beginner-type questions to you guys. Hope to finde some support here, and looking forward to some good conversations here in the future......

Take care,

Obi

Welcome to the forum, Obi. You'll find a ton of information here and a lot of really knowledgeable members who are always more than willing to help. Any question you have will probably get several really good answers or solutions to whatever troubles you may be having

Petri Heil Obi!!! When I was in the military in Germany I had many wonderful experiences fishing there in the beautiful waters of Bavaria. I was also a member of the Isar Fischer Verein. I know you will be very happy with this site and will learn a lot from the fly tyers who are here. They are very helpful.

Guys,

thank you very much for you warm wellcome B)

Aleady did a bit of posing and received some great advice here. Great forum, and my pleasure to be here.

Take care,

Michael