Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Popovics Flex Fly

Tied up a few of Bob Popovics flex fly using Clear Cure Goo Flex

The other fly is titled "Poor mans baitfish"

post-36479-0-39345600-1332808765_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-07293400-1332808771_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-86327500-1332808775_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kirk! The poormans baitfish is tied using Craft Fur, check your inbox I will send you a little present

Awesome flies, nyFLYguy05. Didn't the original popovics fly use silicone? I tink it's a great idea to substitute CCG, and probably a lot less messy. The poor man's baitfish is real sweet, it would work great around the baitfish pods down here that will be showing up soon.

Thanks AGN! Yup thats the old silicone fly Pops made. He just came out with new flies using UV resigns. A lot quicker to use and definitley right about less messy!

http://www.aswf.info/multimedia/flytying.html

Check out this site - my favorite for patterns and tying videos. All Bobs stuff on here too! This is where I get a lot of my ideas and patterns from!

this place needs a 'like' button, i am trying to tie here but awesome flies keep getting posted! I really love that 3rd picture, i need some of those! Ahh crap my sweater is stuck on the hook in vice...

Nice flies.....again! Youve been dishin 'em out for sure!

On a side note: is it still cold enough up there for sweaters? Ive been in shortsleeves, shorts, and flip flops for the last month almost down here.

lol you guys are to funny, but i am glad we have our tight group of saltwater bug slingers!

The weather is over 50 deg each day, last week we hit 65 to 70 for a few days. Crazy warm winter for Long Island, NY!

Nice flies Joe- keep up the good work. Just checked the water temp the other day, and it was still in the low forties. BRRRRRR!!!! It had been up to 46-48, but it dropped again to 41. Nippy.

Thanks guys, always appreciate the kind words, as you know!

PerterJ - I here ya, I was shocked at the weather last night - 43 by me!

Anyway The weather went up today, back to 57 and the next few days look warm with a possible few showers