Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Luke1049

HOWDY FROM FORT WORTH TEXAS

Hi there,

Been fly fishing about a year and just now getting the fever to learn to tie! In many parts of the world I'm sure folks associate tying flies with the winter months but around here it seems like it might be a good hobby once the temps get over 100 on a frequent basis to my timing is perfect! Learned a lot already just going through all the posts on selecting a vise. If finances allow I'll go with the Dynaking Barracuda, and if not maybe a Traveller or a PEAK vise. glad to be here! Cheers, Luke

post-43241-0-92216800-1335478859_thumb.jpg

Hi Luke. Yah,Fort Worth...My wife and I spent 3mos in the Blue Mound,Denton co. area last July Aug&Sept. Cookin.Had hopes of gettin down to the Guadalupe or the streams in the hill country.Did'nt work out. I wish you a great life with the long rod.

Hi Luke, welcome to the best tying site on the net. Being a fellow Texan, I think you've got it down, tie in the summer, much better that way. Are you a member of FWFF, if you are really getting into tying, do they sponsor fly tying at the BPS and or Cabela's? It's a great place to pick up some great tips on tying instead of having to make the same beginner mistakes that those before us had to overcome, and a great place to socialize with those that also have the addiction. Best of luck in your tying, and if you want to learn what we here in Dallas have good luck with on LMB in the summer give me a shout.

Blane