Fly Tying

Contest Deadline has ended!

Well today was the last day to mail your flies! It has been very exciting seeing the sets of flies as they came in and you guys are going to be truly amazed when I reveal the flies for voting.

I want to thank all of those who have participated. I hope you all have enjoyed tying for the contest, and maybe challenged yourself to spend that extra few minutes to tie a fly to the best of your ability.

Just to give you guys a timeframe, I will be on a Steelhead trip starting next Thursday. I would think all the packages that I will receive will come by the time I get back from the trip. When I get back I will begin the long process of photographing over 200 flies which I don't know how long it will take. Once all the photos are taken I will give a few days to members to review their submissions to double check for accuracy(members will only be able to view their flies). After that I will open up the voting booth.

I will keep you all updated on the photo taking process, I will work as fast as I can but I want each fly to be photographed professionally so it will take some time.

Thanks again guys, I can't wait to see the results headbang.gif

Contest participants,

Am really looking forward to viewing this years contestants.

I did not send a fly in this year ( new to the list) and just did not feel that I am up to the tying level of some of you guys & gals. dunno.gif

Looking forward to voting.

Good luck to all. rolleyes.gif

tidbit

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Jan 3 2005, 08:17 PM)
Got 11 packages in today bugeyes.gif

Hey Will,

Man that is awesome, there is going to be a great crowd this year. Can't imagine how big this contest is going to get in the next year or two.

I can only imagine how much work is going to be involved in pulling this off. Next year If you need a Canadian point of contact for receiving flies and photographing etc, or any other type of help in any way let me know, I'd be happy to give you a hand anyway I could.

Good luck on your trip,

Damian

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Dec 31 2004, 06:20 PM)
I want to thank all of those who have participated. I hope you all have enjoyed tying for the contest, and maybe challenged yourself to spend that extra few minutes to tie a fly to the best of your ability.

Will,

I don't get many chances to enter any contests, esp. flytying. And although I don't expect to be waving a wooden stick anytime soon smile.gif I think it's great that I had the chance to enter.

So I think everyone really owes you oodles of kudos for going to so much time and trouble to organize the contest, find sponsors, photograph the bundles of flies, then post them.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif