Fly Tying
bowmike

you know you tie too much when.....

.......Your pointer and thumb figers have calluses from plucking dubbing.

........You wake up at 4:30 am to tie, go to work then tie on your lunch break

Anyone else have any?

When you move from roadkill to eyeing still animate objects as a source of dubbing. Yesterday I caught myself eyeing the fur trim on a woman's coat. I was at the FlyFishing show surrounded by vendors selling dubbing. But she had just the perfect shade of pale cream fur :-)

You hold a friend's pet chicken and can't help but notice that the neck feathers would make perfect soft hackles. You stroke those feathers, the chicken squawks akwardly, and then you figure you better give the chicken back real quick before you get any other ideas.........true story

..your beer gets too warm..

Haha that is so true. I tie after work usually to wind down (pardon the pun) and I always seem to forget that my beer is there and drink half of it warm.

Another for me..when the top of your thumb looks chewed up from hooks pricking it. I tie a lot of articulated stuff and stick myself more then I like to admit.

Good thread!!

When you start swerving to hit squirrels not miss them. When your kid starts hiding her "My Little Ponys" with the sparkly main and tail...OOOOOHHHH!!! look at that,,,, I could tie some nice flies with that.........MOMMY!!!!! DADDY WANTS TO HURT MY LITTLE PONY!!!!!!!

You know some day she will out grow them ....and I'll be waiting...I'll be waiting!!!!!

I need theoropy!! ...... I will be on the next episode of Dr. Phil.

When you are shopping with the Wife, she sees you looking at the fingernail polish and suggest a color. You respond with, "No, that's not right for the _____________ bug's head." Only THEN do you realize she was suggesting a color for HER nails.

WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!........Never,,,I repeat,,,never ever stop to look at road kill with your wife (or girlfriend) in the vehicle...You will never get sex from them again....

MIKECHELL>>>>>>>> Oh, my god ,,Im laughing so hard on the nail polish one. Stop,,Its starting to hurt Im laughing so hard. I love the nail polish department...LOL..I would love to fish with you some time... You seem like you would be a hoot to fish with. LOL

Here's a good one. "you know you tie too much when" your laughing at every post on this forum.... because you've done it....LOL

When you interupt your daughters playing to force them to go to Walmart with you to go to the fingernail polish department with you because you are a man and too embarrassed to be caught there standing alone for thirty minutes trying to decide what colors you want to get. There are sooooooo many colors...... Your kid is tugging at your shirt saying "hurry up" I want to go home"...

None of you guys are there yet.

When you've had Sally Hansen's delivered to the door in a plain brown wrapper.

We used to have a dog - a Golden Retriever. When we moved and gave him away to a relative, they thought he was a poodle.

My wife and family NEVER go into my tying room barefoot.

I am Diabetic. I NEVER have to prick my finger using the test kit thingy, I just keep the blood-O meter on my tying desk.

When you reach a point where you know the lady in the cosmetic department (and her kid's names) at Walmart.

When your kids Teachers send home a note requesting that you not send them to school with chicken feathers stuck to their cloths.

When your morning coffee tastes a little fuzzy. (those coffee bean grinders are GREAT!)

There are others, of course, but my therapist suggested I not voice them at this time.