Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Goats

Orvis Hydros V Reel

I just bought a craigslist advertised Orvis Hydros V reel for $140.

Deal or no deal?

It came with backing but no line and the reel itself is in almost new condition.

y0 goats, depends what colour backing hahaha j/k. My wife uses a 'hydros' not sure what size it is on her 8wt and looks like an 8/9 reel, looks and feels a solid piece of kit - i'd say u got a great deal!

I have always been a Ross Reels guy so this is my first foray into the world "Ohhhhh"rvis. Overall it feels pretty solid. The dude I bought it from showed the reel on craigslist with the line, so I was a little disappointed that when he showed up at the buy with just the backing on it, but I'm feeling pretty good about the price, almost good enough to tell my wife about the purchase...almost.

Lesson learned. When I bid on anything on the auction or Craig's list I always check to see if the line is included as shown unless they specify in the ad. Same with many other things. If it shows other parts or items I find out before hand if it's part of package or not.