Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Mustad Sale @ Cabelas

They were supposed to get 300 dozen hooks today that they were selling for $5.00 a box of 100. If you can make it there bring some cash or the plastic for sure. i've already bought 5,000 hooks and will be going back for more :corkysm55 Mustad redesigned alot of hooks including their salmon hooks that are SUPER sweet and they have one of the best egg hooks out now. There's alot of different styles in the bin that are all 100 hook boxs for $5.00 scud,dry etc in many sizes. If you tie flies don't miss these savings cause you'll never see them this cheap again. I'd drive over 100 miles to stock up on em,but lucky me is only 20 min's away. I'll call them to make sure their in like they said.

Brent.

I tried calling them but no one answered the phone,so i went up there and their still not in.But i did grab another 1,800 hooks just so it wasn't a waste of gas going there dunno.gif Be sure to call them (fly fishing dept.)before you go to see if they came in yet. I'll keep checking in every day.

Brent.

Thanks Brent.

I have to drive down to adrian to see my son on sunday. I will have to swing in and take a look.

Tim

Nothing on Cabela's website. I figure this is an in-store sale at this time. You might call the store and order from them directly. Not sure if Cabela's does that, but Bass Pro does.

Here's a few of the styles and sizes they have. I was really late on the pickings for the first bunch and hope to load up on the eye up salmon hooks they had as many others.

user posted image

Thanks again brent!!

Made it to cabelas yesterday. I didn't have the best selection, because one guy bought almost all of them. laugh.gif laugh.gif I did pick up a 1000 hooks. There was still alot of hooks left, but variety is limited. It was nice, the crowds were not to bad.

Tim

I called Cabelas yesterday to see if they had got the new order in and they told me yep...ya better hurry their going fast! I run down there (4 o'clock)and to my surprise the same lot of hooks i've picked through 4 times this week mad.gif !

Anyways they should be there on the 20th i was told.

It’s a trick to get you in the store Brent

When you go the 20th the same hook will still be there and the sales clerk will tell you the 30th.

But they know you won't leave the store without buying something laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

OSD.

Yep! They got me that way. $50.00 in hooks and another $50.00 that I'm not sure where it went. Damn kids!

BFR

QUOTE (wickedcarpenter @ Jan 20 2005, 05:18 PM)
I just got back from Cabela's at 2:30 (1-20-05) and no new hooks in.

What Cabelas might I ask if you dont mind?

QUOTE (wickedcarpenter @ Jan 20 2005, 05:18 PM)
I just got back from Cabela's at 2:30 (1-20-05) and no new hooks in.

What Cabelas might I ask if you dont mind?

Po0gs!

That would be in Dundee MI!!

BFR