Fly Tying
mybadhabit

2013 Swap Club - April

My flies were mailed today at 2:00 est let me know when you get them. I tied my version of a black stonefly on a size 10 hook don't know if the pattern is named or not, it maybe something I dreamed up but it has worked well for me for the last ten years so I hope you all like it.

Flies went into the mail yesterday. Should get there in a few days.

C

Got a set of great looking Prince Nymphs in from Dezod today, along with the news that Ebrandt10 will not be able to finish the year due to family and work issues, but he volunteered to find the fill in person for the swap club for May till December.

Blane

Blane

You must have me confused with another swapper. My family and work issues are crazy right now, but I am planning on participating through the end of the year.

On the flip side I am glad the princes got there.

C

Mailed mine this morning. I tied a little beadhead that's been killing so far this season.

Hook: scud, used #16 Mustads for the swap

Bead: Tungsten, gold on these

Tail: Coq de Leon, dyed olive for these

Abdomen: Embroidery thread, 3 different shades of olive for these

Thorax: SLF squirrel

Wing bubble: UV pearl ice dub

-Mike

Ok, Natedubay will be taking Ebrandt10's spot in the swap for the rest of the year, let's all hope we don't lose anyone else. By the way he is a talented tyer, I've got one of his fly's in my collection.

Blane

I was called out of town unexpectedly, right when I was planning on doing so time at the vise. But I'm home now, & I got them tied up tonight. They will be going out in the mail tomorrow. I tied a pattern that has been very hot, so I hear, on the few mountain streams in the extreme northwest end of the state. The pattern is called a "Carolina Peach" and the reports I've heard from the Chauga and Chattooga Rivers are that the trout are going wild for this thing. Please let me know how it does in other parts of the country. It would be interesting to hear if you fish it and what luck you have with it. I'll be putting 14 of them in the mail tomorrow, and, Blane, I don't need one back from you.

Thanks

BB

Ok, Natedubay will be taking Ebrandt10's spot in the swap for the rest of the year, let's all hope we don't lose anyone else. By the way he is a talented tyer, I've got one of his fly's in my collection.

Blane

I'm in a couple more swaps with you that haven't finished yet Blane, hopefully those flies measure up as well.

I appreciate the vote of confidence in my tying, and hope everyone else here enjoys my ties as well.

Some of the names in this swap are familiar to me, the rest of you I look forward to swapping with.

Nate