Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gregmuri

Hello from central PA

Had to introduce myself today because I am so excited that I just tied my first fly on my brand new Griffin Mongoose the mailman delivered to my doorstep. I wish I could say I have been fishing and tying for most of my 60+ years, but that is not the case. Most of my fishing has been crappie fishing over the past three or four years with my son after a 50 yr hiatus. Watching someone tie a fly has always fascinated me and it was on my bucket list. Back in April I bought a starter kit from Bass Pro Shop and have been teaching myself with the help of forums like this and all the awesome vids on youtube. I wanted to upgrade to a rotary vise and went back and forth between Renzetti and Griffin for a long time. Cannot tell you exactly the reason I chose the Mongoose, but my initial reaction is WOW. Thanks for letting me share this. I look forward to learning as much as I can and maybe, just maybe, learning how to work the fly rod I bought.

Greg

Oh yeah, it was a black wooly bugger that I hope to use on the steelheads around Erie.

Welcome from another Central PA resident. How close are you to the Harrisburg Bass Pro? They do free lessons during the winter months.

Just far enough away! Spend way too much when I visit there. About 2 hours. Of course, with online ordering and a couple places to shop locally, I have already far spent more on this new found hobby than I really care to think about.

Hello from sc/ central pa! Go to flyfishers paradise in state college, they hayve fre tying seminars in winter monthson saturday mornings. If your very serious dennis charney gives tying lessons for i believe 25$/ hr