Fly Tying

2005 midwest fly fishing expo

The show is march 12 and 13, does anyone know what classes are being given this year?

Ak best, bear andrews and ed engle are among the tiers.

Who is going?

i am planning on attending. i was wondering if a bunch of guys from around here wanted to hook up for breakfast before we head there one of the days. we have done it before with another site, but most of them are here now too, so...

anyways, just a thought. i am up for it. anyone else game?

i talked to trout travellerthis weekend and he thought he was going. Maybe him and I will ride together. I always get there early soI would not mind meeting for breakfast that would be cool.

Dont know the restaurants inthe area too well but it seemed like there was a couple places nearby last year.

john

I will be there for sure. It's 10 minutes from home. It looks like it could be a good show. Has anyone been to last years and how was it?

BFR

John

Are you tying for this one or just visiting!

i met with a group of guys from michigan sportsman last year at a coney island just around the corner from the college. i will see if i can dig up the address and what not and post here. that is the only place i know of, i am sure there are other though, being from lansing i dont know much of that area.

BFR

I am not tying. I am not "big name" enough to tie at an event like that. I went last year and watched clouser tie. It wsa less crowded last year becasue of the new venue. Hopefully some of the folks that used to attend , like bill skilton, will be back this year. Also the show is on the same weekend as the spring sale down at cabelas. IT is not that far of a drive from their if looking for other things to do.

john

Meeting up for breakfast sounds like a plan. I went to Macomb for school and Worked around the corner from the National Coney for 8 years. If there is anything you need to know about the area, let me know.

The midwest fly tying expo was my first show, so I don't know what to expect. I went to cabelas after that show. It's about 45 min from I-96.

BFR

after alot of searching i found the place we ate at last year

National Coney Island at 0900? It's on the west side of Grosbeck (M-97) the second building south of 12 mile road.

and here is the address

National Coney Island

28901 Groesbeck

Roseville, Michigan 48066

(586) 772-1324

does this sound like a good place to meet up?

flyfishenvy

I'm game.I spent many a breakfast and lunch there. It as good as most places around there. And it's easy to find! I have eaten at just about every national coney in the area and the food is good at all of them.

BFR

as time nears i will post another post (more of a signup post) to get a handle on who will all be coming.

but please until then, feel free to chime in on this one.

I might be there, it all depends on the weather. It's a little bit of a hike from North Carolina! unsure.gif

I've been to every one for the past 10-12 years. It's one of the countries great shows! I think it's because it is NOT run by the organization that does most of the rod shows in the country, it is put on with passion by a club and it's members: http://www.mffc.org/

The new venue absolutely ROCKS! headbang.gif I'm sure this year will be even better now that the organizers know what to expect.

The Detroit-style Coney sounds good! I'm a little tired of cole slaw Coneys!

I'm a little tired of cole slaw Coneys!

Peddler

I've had the coneys down south a couple of times. They are good, but I like the detriot coney. Hopefully you can make it up this year!

BFR

sure rub it in, the thing is all of like 6 miles from my house but i'm stuck in texas two months too long. well, theres always next year.

steve