Tail: Lady Amherst tippet barbs, dyed yellow

Body: Embroidery yarn, chestnut

Wing: Bronze mallard, dyed oak

Hackle: Woodcock marginal wing covert

Cheers,

Hans W

Hans,

Another fine feathered effort.

Is your danica.com tier pages undergoing maintenance? I have not been able to get on that website for a couple of weeks so wondering if it is down for the count or a temporary situation. It was one of my most frequent stops when looking for patterns and samples. Also, I am just about ready to send some flies to be posted there if it is still possible. I live in Buffalo, WY, USA and live near the Big Horns in the midst of large variety of nice fishing spots. I am mostly into tying and fishing soft hackles, emergers and cripples and just started doing tube flies somewhat seriously, as we have a developing bass and tiger muskie fishery about 8 minutes from my house.

Thanks for all your contributions to this site and I will begin visiting here more regularly. Cheers from wintry Wyoming.

Hi Hans,

Love that fly and it is well tied (as always). Gretchen and I often use traditional wet flies in our fishing today; they may be older patterns than some of the modern day flies but they still catch fish like crazy. Take care & ...