Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Topwater Fly Swap

Hey Guys, I have known Floyd for several years now, & I have always found him to be as generous as he is skilled. He is what we call, in the deep south, a "True Southern Gentleman, even if he does live in Arizona! He has sent everyone 2 flies for this swap. First, at my request, he has tied a pattern that he calls "Hairy Tom." It's a clipped deer hair pattern (the "hairy") part that he first tied in honor of a dear friend of his named "Tom" who died 2 or 3 years ago. One of the neat things about being a swapmeister is that you get to see the whole set of flies that someone sends in, and Floyd's flies always look like that came from some kind of fly tying machine. Every fly is just like every other fly. Just wait until you see this thing. I think it's a really neat fly. It also has mono-eyes that Floyd makes himself. Use just a bit of floatant on this fly, and it works great. The second pattern you will be receiving is called an E-Z Beetle. It looks like a REAL 'gill getter! It's a foam & chenille pattern and again it has Floyd's handmade mono eyes. You are going to enjoy having & fishing both of these patterns. THANKS, Floyd, and thanks for the extras!!!

BB

That's pretty awesome...Thanks in advance Floyd! And to everyone in this swap, I really appreciate the opportunity to participate with you all.

Somewhere back there, I failed to acknowledge Catalpa Joe's flies, but he has sent in a really NICE set of poppers. These are really great looking poppers, and you guys are going to enjoy fishing them.

We also received, today, a very fine set of flies from Netabrookie. This is a foam beetle pattern and they are very well tied. Thanks, Netabrookie, and thanks for the extras!

Take care

BB

We received a very nice set of "Fishy Hoppers" from Jolly Red today. I had never seen this pattern before but it really does look a LOT like a small grasshopper. I really like this pattern, I sure you will too, but most importantly, the 'gills are going to LOVE it!

Thanks Jolly Red, and thanks for the extras.

Take care

BB

Hey guys, we have received a very nice set of foam beetles from Tyler94. Excellent work. You've going to like this one.

Take care

BB

The past few days were supposed to be a fun-filled few days but all that was changed by a bit of a family crisis. But when I returned home today there were 2 more sets of flies in the box. One from Eastern Fly and the other from Tim. These are 2 really nice sets of flies and you're going to enjoy having them. That means that all of the sets are in ahead of time. I'll do my best to get them sorted out and back into the mail to you next week. It probably won't be Monday, but I'll let you know when I can get them out. Thanks to all of you for participating in the swap.

Take care

BB

I put the flies in the mail last Friday. Some of you should be getting yours in the next day or two. Maybe even today. Let me know when they arrive. Thanks to all for participating. And thanks for the great abundance of extras that you guys sent. Awesome.

Take care

BB

yep; got em today. Can't believe I still haven't been on the water.gonna have to get out there and try these babies out!

A shout out to Floyd "the hairy tom is very nice! wish I could tie em like that."