Fly Tying
tim980

Flies with bad reputations swap

Got mine today! Super ties. I would start calling out the ones I really like, but it looks like I really like them all. Especially the extras. Thanks to all, including our fearless SM!

I will report back in the future when I have success with them.

Jimboha!

Here are photos of the flies from this swap. Thanks again everybody who participated. Not a huge swap, but definitely a fun one.

post-51881-0-41771800-1410240523_thumb.jpg

post-51881-0-68032600-1410240526_thumb.jpg

post-51881-0-18780400-1410240529_thumb.jpg

post-51881-0-87796200-1410240530_thumb.jpeg

post-51881-0-85523200-1410240534_thumb.jpg

If I have the trouble hooking fish on the Booby Fly your friend did I may have to have it sent in for a breast reduction to cut down on the cleavage.

If I have the trouble hooking fish on the Booby Fly your friend did I may have to have it sent in for a breast reduction to cut down on the cleavage.

Haha. I think I'm going to send them in for enlargement surgery instead. More cleavage the better I always say.

Well, if we're talkng about _my_ frend's expereince fishing the Booby - the version he was using had much larger, er, um, boobies, on a #8 hook. There really wasn't much gape left exposed. I only saw him fish it for 10 minutes and he only got 2 -3 strikes. Mabye he needed to try longer to actually hook up.

Tim980's Booby Flies have a lot of hook exposed - but don't have that partonesque quality that you always hear put in that partiular way. But I am game to give them a try, without any surgery.

Jmiboha!

When we did a Blob swap some time ago someone did a bouncin' booby fly. Weight on the tail and boobs on the front so when you twitched it rocked forward, then squatted back down. I really wish I'd have some of those flies a few years ago when I stayed right near a stocked lake that I only got a few rainbows out of. Rivers did better for me but I didn't have a small boat or I think the lake would have produced.

Yeah, I was the SM on a recent Blob Swap. That was the fly the friend was using, but he wasn't rocking it, just pulling it t constant speed. I'll he to tell him to rock it next time.

Jimboha!