Fly Tying
tim980

Flies with bad reputations swap

Hope more people will sign up. I'll leave it open for a few more days since we only have 6 right now.

If we don't get more, could we all just tie 12 and get two of each pattern? That depends on what everyone sle thinks, but it's a thought.

Jimboha!

PS My friend was using a pink booby on a lake with cutthroat - I saw him get several strikes! But he was unable to hook any of them. Quite exciting to watch.

I think the problem with hooking those fish was you had the hook too deeply hidden in the cleavage. Next time use something smaller in cup size than a Dolly Parton.

If we end up with six I believe I sent in 12. All the same but it's such a good fly you're sure to lose one to a monster fish anyway.

Jimboha great idea. The swap has been open for a week and no new sign ups for a few days. I think doubling up is a good. If anybody is against it please write here soon. If not we will go ahead with Jimboha's idea.

The deadline to sign up has passed.

I have heard back from most people about changing the swap.

Since we have 6 participants that means we will tie up 10 flies. Tie up 2 of the same fly per participant other than yourself.

Thanks to all who signed up!

I'm pretty sure I had a dozen flies in my package so if it's something you think you'll use keep'em, or if a couple of them is enough to carry, send'em back. It's a design I have used often and it works great in warm water and should be a killer in stocked trout lakes or streams. I know they like spinners because I have caught numbers and more of them on regular spinners. Warm water it's great on crappies, bass, and jumbo gills.

Well, how we doing on this? Looking forward to seeing what everyone figures will catch fish but be disrespected by the fishermen around them. 'Course the dry fly purists disrespect everyone fishing anything bigger than a size 18 Adams, and don't you dare try to tie on a parachute fly either.

Your flies probably have arrived Vicrider by now. I'm out of town till the 16th and have the post office holding the mail for me. I'm sure they are great.

I'll be tying mine up when I return home.

Just got back. Vicrider your flies are awesome. Thanks for the q's bugs. Will be putting them to good use this weekend.

Okay, I think I sent a dozen so consider it two for each person. Works for me. Looking forward to this swap and what some others have in mind.

Got addy?

Jimboha!

PS I've been so busy being in and planning to be in the backcountry - fishing, of course - that I almost forgot abouth this swap!