Fly Tying

Ordered a 175 grain OPST Commando Head for my 8ft 4wt Redington Pursuit Fly Rod. Going to use it with the 4/5wt Echo Ion Fly Reel. Should deliver Saturday.  In preparation,  made a DIY Floating Tip. After a quick test, the floating tip is good to go. Do check back, hope to kickoff the next video series... One-Hand Spey Fly Fishing!
#flyfishing #fishing #spey

Quick trip while I wait for the 175 grain OPST Commando Head delivers. Using the 200 grain OPST; comes through making the discount Martin Fly Fishing combo priceless!

The 175 grain OPST Commando Head is delivering some time today. For now, went kayak fishing for Catfish with juglines! his round I take the kayak to the local lake to catch a Catfish or two using jug lines! Bite was steady with five Blue Catfish caught. Largest went 20" in length!

Out and about for a quick trip fly fishing a pond... One-Handed Spey Fly Fishing style! Using a 175grn OPST Commando Head on a 4wt, 8ft fly rod and fishing a Betts Hand Tied Popper. No need to cast far but was good to know a distance cast was at my fingertips! How many fish this round... three!

Another TBT shorts video at Denison Dam, tailrace to Lake Texoma! This round had some nice Stripers fishing a 5wt fly rod. #fishing #flyfishing

Would I buy it again... closing out the series with the OPST Commando Head in 175grn that I used with a 4wt, 8ft fly rod. Simple rating system with the OPST rating high... have purchased again, and again, and again!

TBT to the Blue River in Oklahoma where I mix it up fishing for trout with an ultralight baitcaster aka bait finesse systems fishing... casting a Super Duper for trout using various retrieves. See full video at... COAF Field Team.

Episode 22 in the "Little Red Book of Fly Fishing" podcast series where I review fly fishing tips....

This round it's tips 100 through 105!
Tip 100: The Sting
Tip 101: Easy on the Grease
Tip 102: Accuracy Above All
Tip 103: Beware the Wave
Tip 104: Spare the Rod
Tip 105: Ups and Downs

Do check back on our next episode in the series where we shift from Part Two: Presentations to  Part Three: Reading Water  and discuss tips 106 - 109.
Tip 106: Fish Like Changes
Tip 107: Depressing Advice
Tip 108: The Shadow Knows
Tip 109: Watch for the Flash

Good Luck and Good Fishing!

TBT to last year kayak fishing at Thunderbird Lake in Oklahoma. Needed bait. ended up catching and releasing a nice size Bass!