Fly Tying
banks

my poor mans flip flop bass poppers

Those look really good.

How about a tutorial?

I added more pics showing how i draw them out useing outer edge hope it helps also added how i do hole for hook in description hope it helps

what tool do you guys use to thread the rubber legs through the body?

Thanks.

large sewing needle i ream it alittle then i put about a inch of 4 legs through needle pull them through

what tool do you guys use to thread the rubber legs through the body?

Thanks.

large sewing needle i ream it alittle then i put about a inch of 4 legs through needle pull them through

I USE THE NEEDLE TO REAM IT A LITTLE DONT TAKE MUCH PULL THEM THROUGH

The video did nothing for me and a waste of time. Guess it would if I were in need of the jig.

One you asked how these float i added a picture showing one thought maybe it interest you , it has spun deer hair on it to

I have a fellow tier that uses rifle and pistol cartridges as a die to cut poppers from flip-flops. He punches the primer and puts a small bolt thru the primer hole and drills a small hole in the side of the cartridge to be able to push the popper out when cut and voila, a popper punch. Put the rig in a drill and you'll never run out of popper bodies from a cheap pair of flip-flops.

He has sizes from 22mag to 50 cal, a very nice variety of popper sizes and very easy to make.

Here is another option for foam 'punches.

I bought a nesting cork borer set on Ebay rather than making my own punches. The more borers in the set, the larger the foam plugs you will get. I have 3 different sets of borers. Since you are making foam popper bodies, you can email the seller to find the range of sizes the borers will make. Inside diameter of the borer or the hole size is the external diameter of the popper body. This 14 borer set below is no longer listed but you may find a comparable one. It was $14.19 including shipping, so $1 a borer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brass-Cork-Rubber-Stopper-Borer-Set-lab-glass-top-/370503957287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5643c1bb27#ht_500wt_898

Cork Borer photo

CorkBorer.jpg

I just bought this $9.99 set for a friend. It will make bodies up to 7/16". However the auction is also closed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=140527316581&si=nREy6sYAXdO8v4LgCWZXbQZNG9Y%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_2046wt_1057