Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

2015 Musky Swap Pictures

Kevin,

Thanks for posting the pictures and doing a terrific job as SM! I appreciate all the work that went into this collection of flies and hope that we all do well using them this year.

This was the first swap I have participated in and I learned a lot during the process. When we catch something of interest on this collection, please post pictures.

Thanks,

Tom

Once again there is proof that the swaps on this board have to be some of the best in flydom. Great job guys. If I still lived up north where the toothy critters swam I'd have loved to be in this swap but at least down here I can use flies and plugs without fear of being bitten off and on every cast.

I recently got my first fly rod musky on the fly tied by ihang10.

Woohoo, awesome....what did I tie? Lol

Joseph Russell, if you check this thread let me know what the head of your fly is. When rolling through the first time I just thought deer hair but a second look tells me it might be something different. Is it still bouyant?

No it is not deer hair. It appears to be some type of dubbing. Due to the dumbell eyes it probably sinks pretty quick.

Let's see some pics of toothy critters (I'll except pike or pickerel too) with these things hanging from their mouths. Several years ago my s-in-l told her husband she had a nice bass all wrapped up in grass. He reached down to lip and found out it was northern. Only good thing was the shredding healed without any infection. Wasn't too pretty though. I reached to grab a small musky by the gills one time just as he thrashed and buried a hook from my JItterbug in my finger, then promptly tore it back out. Not good either.

Joseph Russell, if you check this thread let me know what the head of your fly is. When rolling through the first time I just thought deer hair but a second look tells me it might be something different. Is it still bouyant?

vicrider its some wopl yarn that i was Dying and making some of my own dubbing