Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Stacked hair swap - let's bite off more than we can chew

Found that magazine today! Took ages, but it was nice to look at pictures of April Vokey from years ago when she was a field Editor! The fly in mag was on a tube! I tied them on hooks years ago! Does anyone have a problem if i ty them on the #7 partridge salar singles i bought & also leave the jungle cock out? Another suprise i found out today, never used it on the ones i tied & only have a few pairs left in my stash! They cost a arm & a leg in Finland!

Speaking of which... I think I need to get my set for this up and running.... Don't stress... AGES to go yet.... I just want to make sure I give you guys the best I can do....

My flies are just waiting on the hackle to get here in a day or 2. Would you pm me your address and I'll get these sent out next week.

Guys.. will you be happy with these? Happy to take criticism and make subtle changes....

post-22241-0-89166300-1429789521_thumb.jpg

Closed it a couple of weeks ago mate. We ended up with 6 and myself. I'd be willing to let you in, but we've already got a couple of sets on the way down under.

Only made the first one today, it will go to live in my el cheapo boxes or somewhere in my van, dash, door, glove box, like a lot of flies! I forgot to put peacock angle hair flash & a couple bits were a bit ify! Aslo changed my mind about salar singles & bought straight eye #8 TMC saltwater streamer hooks! Definatly going to trim the rest while at work! Gonna be happy if it's hard to pick the best six from the next nine!

Set of Bombers are headed your way. (I did not phrase it like that on the customs form lol)