Fly Tying
Graham

Red Fox Squirrel

Thank you! Damn it feels good to tye some fishing fly's. The realistic stuff can be fun, challenging and addictive, but I missed cranking out some good old buggy fish catchin patterns. Tonight I'll tye some bead thorax mayfly nymphs.

Graham

Thanks again, Daryn, I bet grey squirrel would work but the fly would be a bit drab looking. This is a pattern that has worked well for me in the Sierra late in the summer. It is a good imitation of an October Caddis and the coloring is perfect for that. I just realized I need to edit this in the data base because I clicked on Stonefly imitation instead of Caddis. A two fly rig with a gold bead mayfly below the Squirrel works very well on the E. Walker river in Sep through Oct.

Graham

I have been asked to tie up some flies and 6 Grey Squirrels are in the order. I dont know what a Grey Squirrel is and thought that this fly might be a varriant. good tying on this one Graham.