Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peddler

Michigan Tarheel

Hey! My name is Jack and I learned about this site from the Michigan Sportsman site. I recognize a lot of names here from the M.S. site though I've only met a couple of those fine folks.

I've been fishing all of my life but went 'elite' status about 18 years ago. I am a traveling salesman and thought fly fishing would keep me out of lounges and bars enough to keep my all-important drivers license. So far, so good. I managed to fish 3-4 times a week during the peak seasons in Michigan and now that a job change forced a move here to North Carolina I find myself fishing just about as frequently. tongue.gif There ARE fish in N.C. I am also a certifiable gear junky. I have been tying for a few years now but the darned move knocked the wind out of my sails. I'm still trying to find a permanent spot in the new home for my tying stuff.

Though I left a real good group of fishing buddies in Michigan, I finally found a group or two down here who like get together and fish, though the fishing is almost secondary to the great food and great fellowship!

Nice site and glad I found it!

Hey Jack i recognize you,how ya been doing man?

Nice to have ya jion this site theres some really good guys here and you just added to them smile.gif

I was down in NC about a year and a half ago to see a friend and fished the Davidson river,very pretty little stream had a blast. It's amazing how this sport can help with things in our personal life isnt it. Make yourself at home bud nice to have ya join us.

SD

Jack:

Nice to see you here as well. I am sure you will make your way back to the tying table and we will look forward to your creations.

Hey, have you heard from Ron at all. I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

Miss fishing with you guys,

Later,

John

Hey gang! I'm coming up to bite the bird with family then it's either pike on Lake Saint Clair or steel in Ohio. I sent this page to Ron (phoggcutter). He's hooked real bad! headbang.gif