Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fletchfishes

Reclosable Bags for Hackle Storage

Flytire- No, I don't scour the Internet every time I purchase a Whiting product (or other capes or saddle for that matter.). However, I have a number of capes that were bought at shows that do not have bags. Rather than fold them up in gallon ziplocks, I'm looking for a better way. So long as I'm looking, I might as well looks for the best option.

The uline bags sound great, but I'm not excited about purchasing 1,000 bags.

If you don't find double zipper bags, you might try slitting the non-zip end, then folding the end over and slipping one of those plastic thingys that office stores sell to hold multiple sheet of paper together. Slip-on binders I think they're called.

Flytire- No, I don't scour the Internet every time I purchase a Whiting product (or other capes or saddle for that matter.). However, I have a number of capes that were bought at shows that do not have bags. Rather than fold them up in gallon ziplocks, I'm looking for a better way. So long as I'm looking, I might as well looks for the best option.

The uline bags sound great, but I'm not excited about purchasing 1,000 bags.

Well, unless you require a perfect fit, the 2 gallon ziploc bags work just fine...even for saddles.

Hey Gang

I sent a request to ClearBags http://www.ClearBags.com asking for a 5" x 16" bag with zip closures on both ends. He is going to get me a quote on them. They currently have a bag 5 1/2" x 16" but it's only 2 mil thick. http://www.clearbags.com/catalog/product/view/id/5317

Here's the reply I got back -

We can produce up to a 16" zip top bag. Is there a reason that you want it to have a zip top on both the bottom and top of bag? I think that we can do that, but I will have to check with our production department. I know that we can produce with a zip top and an open end that can be heat sealed after you insert your product. We do that for fulfillment centers all the time that have automated filling machines.

How many would you need, how fast would you need them, and would you want them printed? This will help me get you a quote on custom packaging.

I can sample you a product that we carry that is very close to the dimensions that you are requesting; ZR5H16, 5 1/2 x 16", 2Mil Crystal Clear Zip Top Bag w/Round Hang Hole
Pricing:
100, $.1325/ea.
1000, $.0755/ea.
2000, $.0695/ea.
8000, $.0629/ea.

Please contact me with you mailing address and I will send off the sample.

Kindly,

Bill Patrick
Operations Manager
(916) 933-4700 x1013
(800) 233-2630 Toll Free
[email protected]
http://www.ClearBags.com

I'm going to ask for a quote on 5 1/2" x 16" bag with zip closures on both ends. If possible could you quote me a cost for 2 mil, 3 mil and 4 mil?? I'm going to say 250 or 500 of each

I'll let you all know!

Cool. I never heard back from the place that I requested the quote from. Let me know what you hear - I'm definitely interested if we can get a group buy going.

I presently keep a number of necks in a gallon size plastic zip-lock freezer bag, but then they're stored in oversized big plastic boxes with good sealing tops to guard against moths, etc. Just anohter idea?

They can make them but they won't do a run of less than 50 thousand!!!

Hahah - ok, I'll take 50. Think we can get another 1,000 people to join in?

I think I might track down some of those 2.5 gallon zipper bags someone mentioned...

The U-line bags mentioned by flytire are nice and thick, with strong "zip-loc" closures. U-line also sell (and often have on sale) bags with no closure which I use as an inner sleeve. The cape goes in the inner sleeve which then goes in the zip-loc bag. Pulling (or pushing) a cape through a zip-loc can certainly mess up your feathers. If you can't find what you are looking for send me a PM. Maybe I could help.

Hi Rockworm - I tried to send you a PM, but it says you can't receive any new messages. Perhaps your inbox is full?

In case you find somebody to make them, the double zipper bags for saddles from Troutgeek were 6" wide by 16" long inside. The part that extends beyond the zipper adds about 3/4" on each end. So overall they were about 6" x 17.5". I don't think you'd want anything smaller for Whiting saddles.

Afternoon fellas,

My name is Bill Patrick. I am the bag man that "Fatman" was talking about. I provide all the packaging for WAPSI Fly, Hareline Dubbin, SuperFly and several others. Usualy I provide 2 Mil options for them, as they are only using the bag as storage, protection, and retail, they are not looking at your storing your materials for long periods of time. I also have a limited line of 3 Mil, and 4 Mil bags available. I have created some custom bags for Metz that had a double zipper (top and bottom) but they are custom and require high volumes.

I have zip top bags, vinyl, boxes, and laminated bags that you may all like. I am available to talk whenever.

Please feel free to contact me at the contact information below in Fatman's post;

Kindly,

Bill Patrick
Operations Manager
(916) 933-4700 x1013
(800) 233-2630 Toll Free
[email protected]
http://www.ClearBags.com

Got the sample bags from Bill and they look really good! Do wish I had the money to have the double ended bags made but it's way out of my league.

Got the sample bags from Bill and they look really good! Do wish I had the money to have the double ended bags made but it's way out of my league.

My wife is an artist and has bought from Clear Bags for many years. They are considered the top supplier for premium quality bags for storage and display of artwork and greeting cards. She is a very small customer for them but has always been treated well.

We have no other connection with Clear Bags.