Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JGRAHAMONTHEFLY

FREE LEADERS!!!

Hello All,

Very new to the forum. Fly fishing has always been my passion outside of God and my family. Here on the military establishments in HI, I have taken on a program called Project Healing Waters. We take Wounded Warriors out fishing. We also teach them to tie basic flies and leaders. Having said that, I'd like to send 5 free leaders out to the first 5 to reply to this in order to get feedback. Please PM me specs of what you would like and Ill build you a leader to your liking from hard Mason material (all we use in the salt, sorry!!!!) Just trying to gain some review so that I can ensure these guys are being taught effectively. Thanks and God Bless.

Sounds good what you're doing with the troops. I regularly send flies to them and have sent a rod and couple of reels in the past. I don't have the use for 5 leaders and barely get to use what I have now anymore but if you'd to try a bass leader I'd be glad to give it a whirl. Since you have all salt leaders most of the trouters on here aren't going to be able to use them but if used a basic step down from butt to 8 or 10# tippet on a bass leader of approx. 7.5' that would be great. Could stretch it to 9' if that works better but don't like throw bugs with anything longer than that and it's not necessary. I'll PM you addy though I post it on fly swaps all the time.

Wow that's an amazing thing your doing there. You shouldn't have to offer leaders for feedback on this one, anyone with a soul would respond to this in a heart beat. I love what your doing, good luck with the program.

Thanks guys. Its a blessing! All PM's have been answered. Give me just a few days here and I'll have them out to you. The few I've tied for myself have been much nicer than stock knotless leaders, especially casting into the trade winds.

All, thanks for the replies. I've reached my limit. I have been approached by a local store about selling these in their store, so I want to be sure they are of quality construction and also to ensure the guys in the PHWFF program are being taught correctly. Everyone has their own opinions on things, but a tried and true design always eases your mind.

Wow that's an amazing thing your doing there. You shouldn't have to offer leaders for feedback on this one, anyone with a soul would respond to this in a heart beat. I love what your doing, good luck with the program.

oops, got a completely different vibe the first time reading, thats what i get for not reading the whole post

This is an awesome thing you're doing man. I've always supported our troops and donate flies and flyline to them when I can. If you could just do a straight piece of 9 ft 20 lb for the damn carp that keep breaking off my butt section of my leader that'd be really awesome. We all appreciate the contributions you're doing for our troops, thank you.

Over a month ago you said you were sending me a couple of your leaders and I sent you a few bonefish flies. I have yet to see any leaders.

Graham are you out there? You alright? Hope you aren't in the hospital or something like that.