Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Galdrin

Greetings from Sweden

I'm the father of two severly autistic children in their lower teenage and I spend a lot of my time just keeping an eye in them. I have found that this time is perfect for hobbies that can be interrupted and put away in relatively short time. Over the years I have been building model airplanes, painting miniature figures and now, since a few weeks ago, I have picked up fly tying. Youtube and forums are my mentors.

I enjoy the details in these tiny works of art and I love the potential for personal improvement with each fly tied. I don't fish at the moment but I did fly fish about 25 years ago and in a few weeks I'm going to visit my old parents to see if I can find my old fly-tying things and perhaps my old split-cane :) The flies I make now gets stored unless I feel I can make a fly better, in that case the hook is stripped and I start all over again.

Welcome to the site. Please, post pictures as you tie flies you like. There's always something different, when someone new picks up the habit (even if it is a relapse), that makes the rest of us ponder.

Welcome to the gang Galdrin. By all means, please share your ties with us. Also you might consider filling in a few details about yourself in your profile. That way when you post something, members can remind themselves who you are, and where you're from etc. Seems like we're getting several new Scandinavian members lately. Maybe because it's finally warm enough to go fishing. :-)