Fly Tying
bulb

Swedish Zest

Hello everybody! My name is Hugo and i'm a Swedish guy in my yearly 20's.I study engineering physics in Uppsala when im not out hunting pike in Mälaren or in the Stockholm archipelago. I've fished with my dad since i was born, and flyfishing has always been a part of that interest.

The last two years my passion for flyfishing had kicked into high gear and my wobblers and spoons have left the stage for pike streamers. I started tying flies last winter, and have been at the vice alot since. I also love fishing for trout, grayling and the like. My mission is to be entirely self sustaining on flies, a goal i think i've basically reached now (you can never have enough fly patterns right?)

I have several big plans for fishing trips in the future and plan to ask you guys for advice! I could go on forever but i think i'll stop here. tight lines!

/Hugo

Welcome Hugo. We've got a lot of active Scandinavian members, and now another! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your flies and some of those pikes you're bragging about. And some pics of your beautiful homeland are always appreciated.

P.S. Looks like your pike season is just about over, and you'll be homebound so you can get some tying done. I'm always reminded of Ingmar Bergman's movie "The Virgin Spring" as winter approaches in Sweden. Keep warm, and happy tying!

Welcome to the site, Bulb.

I know it's of no real concern, but my grand parents on my Dad's side immigrated to U.S.A. early in the 1900s. My Dad was "pure" Swede ... so I am half-Swede.

Grandpa's last name WAS spelled "Kall" but the pronunciation sounded like "Chell" so that's what ended up on the papers.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Im heading out fishing with my old man next weekend, hopefully we'll catch something worth bragging about! I posted a thread with somw of my pike flies just now, although the pics are amature to say the least :P

Welcome to the site, Bulb.

I know it's of no real concern, but my grand parents on my Dad's side immigrated to U.S.A. early in the 1900s. My Dad was "pure" Swede ... so I am half-Swede.

Grandpa's last name WAS spelled "Kall" but the pronunciation sounded like "Chell" so that's what ended up on the papers.

Ah, Käll is a common name here, nowadays it usually turns upp as part of a double name like källström or källgren. And the pronunciation is pretty much "chell" as you said.

Welcome to the site Boss! Your not fare from Turku! And also live in the same city/town as Markus Hoffmann! Do you own a float tube yet? Flafly, there are two pike seasons here, Early spring & autumn plus early winter! Mike, do you want to know some Swedish jokes? We have a lot in Finland! He He He!

Hey Adam didnt get a notification of your reply for some reason, haven't got a floatube yet! Just bought a new 8wt and a 4wt :D

You said not yet! So it must be on the shopping list? Float tubes are massive fun to fish for pike, 104cm & 110cm are my biggest this month, water is still warm, so they are strong & make runs, just lift the legs & WOW!