Fly Tying
jd1983

Will it fish?

Vic - TVA publishes a generation schedule every day for the next day, so we have a pretty good idea of when the turbines will kick on. I've heard white can catch some good fish by the dams. Might have to give it a go up there some time.

It isn't just the generation schedule. It has to be timed to the lake turning over and huge numbers of shad, alewives and other forage fish become disoriented and end up dying or struggling their way into the turbines and come out like fish chow. The generation itself plays a big part in oxygen levels, water temps and current actions far downstream but timing has to be right to zero on the big fish feeding spree from the big lake through the turbines.

Vic - I get it now. Haven't heard about that before. I'll keep an ear open to see if anyone mentions that.

it's a catcher. in my world i'd throw it to smallmouth, fast retrieve, and have full confidence in it. believe that it will also do for pike and muskie; maybe smallish for muskie, but it would work.