Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Radoslav Kiskinov

Pheasant tail mayfly nymph

Hi, guys,

this pattern up is my best nymph fly for brown trouts. It is 100 % efective.

This saturday I and two friends of mine were on broun trout flyfishing and the most prefered fly was this mayfly nymph.

Here they are some pictures of a trout wich was very playful, and was very hard to be pictured, befor my friend Vlado, who caught her, kissed her for good bue, and released her back to the water:

http://uploads.akulata.com/files/panega1.jpg

http://uploads.akulata.com/files/panega2.jpg

Wish you best!

Rado

Nice looking nymph - I like the legs. Should be good for early spring Steelhead too.

Ken cool.gif

Boy, Shark, i've been reading some of your chub stories in the Warmwater section, and have seen a bunch of your flies you tied for the Fly Database, and one word can sum up my reaction : AMAZING. Those flies look like they've really done wonders for you. I'm going to tie up some if these, i can only hope i have as much luck as you.

Tight Lines! TRBD

Hi, guys,

thanks again for the kind words about the fly end the pictures, I really apreciate this.

Ken, I'll be happy if you try the fly for stealhead, and after that tell me about the results.

TRBD, the flies are not such a big deal, the only one thing important tying efective flies is, as I think from my attempt, is to take a real insect from the place you are fishing, and to meke its best immitation.

Mant times, when I have not the luck to catch any fish, I am exploring the rivers bed, under the rocks and in the vegetation. Then I gather a lot of samples (is it righ to said in english), insects and their nymphs, and I observe them at home with hours, trying and trying to make the hook resemble them best. Of course, after that you have to ask the fish, wether the fly is good to eat.

This is the only way to become a good flytier, I think.

Best to all river explorers!

Radoslav Kiskinov - the Shark