Fly Tying
Freddo

Shipping Flies?

I tied flies commercially for many years & when shipping flies that I didn't have to be concerned about getting crushed, such as streamers,I placed them in a 4 mil plastic bag between cut pieces of card board, then into a padded mailer. The 4 mil plastic bags are tough & the extra card board kept the hooks from poking thru the padded envelope.

I used the Altoid cans too for dry flies & other flies that might get crushed, but otherwise a small plastic box inside a shipping box worked as well as anything.

One note about shipping plastic fly or other boxes, even inside a padded envelope they can get damaged since much of the sorting is done by machine. Plano or similar boxes are great, but do get crushed/broken sometimes. I came to prefer shipping in boxes with plenty of "padding" inside. It costs a little more but I had less problems.

bunch of lies I tied for him.

Lol if hes getting into fishing hell be tying up his own lies pretty quickly lmao sorry couldn't resist but yes altoid tin is perfect

Joe, you missed the part at the end where he says,"ship flied all around." Must have sent them airmail! Good thing "ship" was correct or it could have hit the fan! BTW, I think you left an apostrophe out of "he'll." If you start proof reading mine, you will never have time to fish! Of course, you could be right, we could ALL be in fishing "hell!"

bunch of lies I tied for him.

Lol if hes getting into fishing hell be tying up his own lies pretty quickly lmao sorry couldn't resist but yes altoid tin is perfect

Oh my where has this post gone to? A lesson in typing and proofreading?!? Ha - LOL - you're all too funny! We all tend to type too quickly at times, click "Post", and not look back right away. And BTW...I corrected my initial "fail!"

Thanks again to all of you that have posted your ideas - they're awesome and useful. I'm sure to be shipping more flies over time and now have great insight. The flies (not lies) I shipped out got to my buddy "A" OK! He's looking forward to fishing them.

Roland.

Lol. Sometimes I hit a key and it doesnt input anything. And then when I read it back my mind auto corrects it :)

Yes I missed that last line haha.