Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
longrodder

Macro fly photos

As the other replies to this post indicate, it is best to get the exposure and white balance correct when the

image is captured...however, many times an image can be improved with simple to use (and free to download)

software. My favorite is called Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) besides many other features, under the Image -->

Color Corrections menu, you can change the amounts of red, green, and blue hues as well as saturation, gamma,

and contrast - most of the images I have just need a little more red or blue to make the white background look

right. Give it a try - it's free unless you decide to make a donation!

I forgot to mention, if you having trouble with focus, try providing more lighting power or, switch the camera

over to manual focus with the camera mounted on a tripod. For larger macro images, you may want to try

out a set of macro extension tubes - the Kenko and Promaster tube sets (around $100 to $130) for Nikon

keep the auto focus function and really allow you to take very close up pictures without having to buy

another lens.