Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fritz

Hodgman H5 Stocking Foot Waders

Hodgman H5 Stocking Foot Waders

Has anyone purchased and field tested these waders? I think Hodgman came out with these waders last year so experiences may be limited. I started purchasing Hodgman waders since the 60's and have always been satisfied with them and at reasonable prices. Thanks

Wrong group, should be in fly fishing but I gotta say that my first set of waders were Hodgman's and I would never buy another pair again. YMMV.

I am still using the Orvis light weight hip stocking foot waders i bought in 2007. So i will probably never try another.

Fritz,

They are Ok about the same as any waders in that price range. Hodgeman has upped their game a bit the last couple of years with the influence of Pure Fishing.

steve

According to their web site, Hodgman (only) offers a one-year warranty for defects in manufacture. They do not repair waders. They will replace if proof of purchase is supplied.

Personally, at the price of those H5 waders, I can think of better options.

eric

fresno, ca.

It was probably around 2003 that I bought a pair of lite wight breathable Hodgeman, two pairs later they upgraded me to the top of the line wader at that time and those have lasted well. Last year I saw the first sign of any weepage at all and only in early season cold water, to which I found the spot and applied a light coat of shoe-goo. The first two pairs were junks but also a different wader. I have no experience with the one listed by the OP, although Hodgeman made right on these , I just contacted them by Email, and a Laura somebody got back to me and said send them in. I had explained that I knew they were outside the warranty time by a month or two but they might want these to check this material out, water was just coming right through the material itself. And they sent me a new pair upon receiving mine. The second pair did the same thing, I contacted Laura and she did the upgrade no charge.