Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
federico

Hello from Italy

Hellò to anybody, I'm a fly tyer 41 years old and I live in Tuscany.

I tie flies from 20 years, and I write for an italian fly fishing and spinning magazine (La Pesca Mosca & Spinning). I'm not a professional tyer, I'm an agronomist and oenologist.

Recently I was involved in the organization of a big contest named World Tuscany Open, (please read my post about it and see the quality of the jury we'll have).

It's a big job but I hope we'll have many competitors from all around the world, all of you are invited to join!

I fish in many rivers of Italy and Europe my home river is Tail Water Alto Tevere, you can see some picture of the river here: www.moscaclubaltotevere.it. I love also Sw fishing In Mediterranean and caribbean sea.

My favourite fishing situation is "matching the hatch", for this reason my tying style is pretty imitative.

....so that's all for now I hope that my english is clear enought.

Federico

Hello federico!

Your english is good! Welcome to the Fly Tying Forum!

BFR

Hi Federico!

We have 2 things in common already! We fly fish and I'm a 48 yr. old Italian born and raised in Wisconsin! My Grandafther was born in Italy and moved to the US. I would love to one day see my fatherland of Bologna and see relatives that I have never seen in my life! Maybe do some fly fishing as well? Welcome aboard! Joel

welcome Federico fromSeattle,USA here

look forward to knowing you

Davy