Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TerryPhillips

A few of my flies

Nice work, I fish these kinds but mine don’t look so good...  Goddard hatches can sometimes, really rile up the big ones 

👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

5 hours ago, DarrellP said:

How is it done?  Really cool.

Loop very fine fishing braid line (12lb bs) through a 1.5mm micro ring, tie the braid onto the hook shank (hook bend up to the eye), then pull the braid back on itself and tie back down towards the hook bend, then superglue it.  With the braid being fine you can still get nice thin bodies.

Nice caddises....Way back when somebody came up with a way to do an adjustable hopper-dropper by tying 2 lil mono loops for and aft on the hopper.   Correctly looping the leader thru these 2 loops made for the depth of the dropper adjustable....EasyPeasy...  can’t find the pic of the loop.   Thru both then back thru front one I believe holds and can loosen to adjust.   40# hi vis to illustrate Prolly wouldn’t wanta do it with 6x.   Always been tying  with a  clinch or Davy to the hook bend.   Tie just to back loop for fixed depth...

55B6E309-D096-4CE3-BDA6-1E9D1EAC4AA7.png

71FE6ADE-FD49-4F3A-8EE9-5333C1E313AC.png

7A2F70E8-7A7D-4788-8C70-47BD96B38639.jpeg

9B87FF19-C5AE-4D43-852D-2518D3D9FDC8.png