Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Custom ice rod

Dammit ... dammit ... dammit !!!  Now I need to know if they have blue ice rod blanks that can be built and a spinning reel get up.

1 minute ago, Steeldrifter said:

Get lots of ice there in Fl do ya? 🤪

Just seeking to level the playing field for them micro-fish on his tv show🙀🙀

6 minutes ago, Flat Rock native said:

Just seeking to level the playing field for them micro-fish on his tv show🙀🙀

Ouch, someone get the aloe ...dollar store just got burned! 😆

Partially correct, FRn.  I don't carry my rods in the van all the time.  Last time I was up there in the NOT-SO-great White North, I was looking at some of the ice fishing rods.  I was thinking, "I could carry one of those in the van and fish at lunch more often."  Small fish all over Orlando would have to start watching out for me !!!

3 hours ago, mikechell said:

Partially correct, FRn.  I don't carry my rods in the van all the time.  Last time I was up there in the NOT-SO-great White North, I was looking at some of the ice fishing rods.  I was thinking, "I could carry one of those in the van and fish at lunch more often."  Small fish all over Orlando would have to start watching out for me !!!

I like your planning here....  Not So Great North does pump out the Ice Rods and there are an almost  uncountable number of choices, some cheaply made some even more cheaply made. 

I have two that have served me well a  stout ( fiberglass) one for pike, Mackinaw, Big Other Trout; and one sensitive graphite  for Panfish that makes a two-pound Yellow Perch feel like a 24" Mack. For a burst or two.  Neither is more than 36 inches.  Go with Steve for your lunch time sports..... then Scare those fish...

On 5/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, mikechell said:

Here is a Blue Horse Power Flure...  Will sail on spin rod, spincast, or 4WF flyline...  add live or power bait or one more fly with snap on stinger... It is a good dropper below a casting float, and made for commotion...give it a test and post pictures of some catches... It is on the way towards DeltonaC6B3F8BB-0380-4C25-9B48-B30B54D5A25E.jpeg