Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

more on roughfish

I am currently working with a few other websites and the officers of my local F&W office in gathering extensive info on gar and bowfin fishing techniques....stay tuned for more info at the first of the week!!!! biggrin.gif

bowfin on a fly? I have only ever caught one..hell of a fight. try this one.....he is pretty good.. www.bowfinanglers.com or www.roughfish.com ....we all fly fish for roughies there..

Tight Lines...

HDS.

I kinda wondered about that myself cant wait to read what BD has to post on these species,should be interesting.

I dont fish for bowfin(dogfish wink.gif ) but every year a end up catching a dozen or so of them while fishing with crawdads for smallies. They put up a helluva fight and are not really a "friendly" fish to have in the boat lol. Most of the ones i catch on the au sable run about 8-10#.

SD

BTW welcome to the site HDS smile.gif

Been scouting the roughfish boards for years and have jsut now got around to "borrowing" some of thier info.....posted a link on a few sites, maybe we can get a few of the roughies to join us and share thier knowledge......

Just found a pic of a bowfin i caught this summer and thought i'd put it up..

Like i said i dont fish for them (mainly because i dont have much knowledge of them) but when one of these big ol ugly boys grabs your offering while fishing for smallies you deff. have a fight on your hands biggrin.gif

SD

user posted image

is that your jacked up monkey foot in the picture? You need to keep that crusty thing in a shoe, boy!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

OK i'm changing my reservation to a different lodge.......i think i need more than a door between us when i'm sleeping!

hey Chris got any softex wink.gif biggrin.gif LOL

SD