Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Wooly Bugger

The internet is not short of wooly bugger videos, however I figured I would show a few extra techniques like dubbing a body and what type of feathers I like to use. I also added some lead to the body to give it a little weight and allow it to sink slightly. Now, wooly buggers are so versatile that they can mimic so many different things. From damsel fly nymphs, to bait fish, to crayfish, and leeches. Also they can be fished like streamers, or even nymphs. I have been known to put one of these as my lead fly, below an indicator, and fish it in a river just like a nymph. Does very well that way. Also fishing these like streamers, either stripping them in, dead drifting or swinging in rivers works really well. They can be fished in lakes as well, and in even saltwater situations. A very effective and versatile fly.

4 hours ago, petelangevin said:

Love how the lazer dub makes the fly light up under the uv spectrum.   

Yes me also!   A few materials out there do that, and I usually gravitate towards them when I can.  Seems like it gets the fish going.