Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Strongest Trout Ever!

I took a week long fishing trip out to 6 lakes in Utah, just outside of salt lake. I drove from my house in San Antonio Texas, and stopped half way at my cousins house in Farmington New Mexico. I was able to fish the San Juan River one day, before getting back in my car and driving the rest of the way to 6 lakes. It was a beautiful drive, and even more beautiful fish were caught. After fishing the San Juan River on the drive, I was able to arrive at this amazing fishery. The fish here pull so hard, and are all very nicely sized. They are beautiful fish with some of the coolest color markings.

Bob, Alex and I all had a great time fishing. We kept talking about how amazing this fishery is, and how great the fishing is. Also, all of us agreed that the strength of these fish, lb for lb, was more than any other trout we had ever caught. The rainbows here, we were told, were a special breed that is both hardy and strong. They fight like tuna, and readily eat your flies. However its not super easy to fish here. Its not like fishing a hatchery or anything. These fish can be picky, and it does take some work to find them. However when you figure out the fishery, you will catch some of the most rewarding fish you have ever caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj2IOYhOUKo