Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Some pictures of stillwaters chub flyfishing!

Hi, guys,

I would like to tell you the next story of me and my friend Pavlin, and our flyfishing outlet of a marsh near Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

We were tne same fellows in the same car driving in 6:30 am to our second object, the big chubs of the Striama river marsh.

user posted image

The sight of the sunrise is one of the beauty things wich make us really happy that are living

user posted image

The marsh is not that big, but is very sinister with its mist early in the morning. Standing by its waters you hade the strange feelling that tha marsh is loosing his breath, like an old old man with a cigar.

user posted image

The rush surounding the march is really great problem for casting well, that is why we had the hard job to find some bold place somewhere...

user posted image

So we started surching around...

user posted image

Pavlin got into the rush, becaouse he was wearing his wader, and I was with a pair of short boots, that is way I had to find a place not such deep.

I found it in the opposite part of the marsh, where the shore was with shallow waters.

I was standing there ready for the moment, in the left hand with my camera, adn in the right one with my faithful servant-girl, my rod 5/6 class.

And the moment came for me not so late, when a fish rise and took a fly near by me.

I knew from Pavlin that this marsh holds very big, gigantic chubs, so I ws very

excited, waiting for the next rise.

user posted image

When I saw the rise, I made a strong cast, bumping down on the surface, one meter and half near the rise of the fish.

And begin to wait...until a wave come straight to my fly and after a second it disappeared...

I hooked the fish, and was disappointed becaouse it was little one, chewing the beetle.

user posted image

I released him, with the words: "Hey little chuby-duby, don't forget to tell your grandmother or grandfather to come and see me, I'll wait for them"

user posted image

So that was it, they didn't come.

But I will go next time and shall wait for them again

Best to you guys, and I wish to you to catch grandparents!

Rado

Hey Rad, thanks for sharing. Does anything run in from the Black sea? salmon or trout?

What species of fich do you have over there?