Fly Tying
Sgart

Your favourite online stores for flytying?

I just placed my first order with J. Stockard, so I'll let you know how that works out. Thier prices are great and I hope the service is too.

I also order a lot of my salmon fly materials from Hunter's Angling Supplies, they are very good and knowledgable. FeathersMc.com is also very good for salmon fly materials.

I don't tie salmon flies - only trout, bass, and panfish - but Stockard is becoming my new favorite store online for tying materials if they have what I'm looking for. However, Bob Marriotts is still the king for having almost EVERYTHING for the fly fisher, and I mean EVERYTHING. It is an amazing online store, and their massive printed catalogue has some informative articles, as well. If you are looking for anything fly fishing related, from almost any company, give them a try. It's a good bet that they will have it.

Joe

QUOTE (TroutBum @ Jun 8 2005, 01:54 PM)
I just placed my first order with J. Stockard, so I'll let you know how that works out. Thier prices are great and I hope the service is too.

I also order a lot of my salmon fly materials from Hunter's Angling Supplies, they are very good and knowledgable. FeathersMc.com is also very good for salmon fly materials.

hunter's seems to have quite good materials.

I have checked out stockards materials. Though I think their stock on materials for classics is quite poor.

I have been looking at MC's plenty of times and they seem to have nice materials. Pity though that they wont answer mails regarding the "free kori program" I dont like that.

For flytying materials I like Feather-craft as they usually have most everything but hook and hackle works well and I think the first online company I ordered from was J. Stockard and they were excellent with even a follow up email which was nice to rate the experience.

Marriots is good for equipment but I don't like their fly tying selection for some reason... maybe because they don't have enuff pics for my taste.

Another nice store for odds and ends is Linesend or even ezflyfish sometimes has great deals.

Jeff

I ordered from J Stockard last month. Prices were great and i recieved my order in less than two weeks. I was out of town at the time but from the day my wife thinks the order came in it would have been like 8 days for the order to come in.

with just regular ground USPS as my shipping method.

Over all it was an excellent experience and all the products I ordered were top quality! smile.gif yahoo.gif

How about Salmon Fly hooks? Right now I'm just using the Tiemco 7999. Does anyone have great deals on other Salmon hooks?

Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread, I was just wondering.

Jim

QUOTE (jbrowning @ Jun 8 2005, 10:36 PM)
How about Salmon Fly hooks? Right now I'm just using the Tiemco 7999. Does anyone have great deals on other Salmon hooks?

Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread, I was just wondering.
Jim

If you do not want blindeye hooks, I think Alec Jacksson and Partride Bartleet is nice.

JRG is right about Marriotts; they don't have a lot of pictures or hard selling points. You have to know pretty much exactly what your looking for.

www.kman.com

Kaufmann's Streamborn has been a great source for me, when I am unable to find something locally. I receive the stuff quickly, the quality has always been as represented, and you can call by telephone with questions (staff is very knoweldgable).

Finally, I'm not sure who "Squart" is, but that picture is making me nervous! huh.gif

JB,

J.Stockard is having a Daiichi hook sale this month. I just bought a bunch of Alec Jackson spey hooks for the best prices I've ever found.